Verve, Nerve & Other Rhyming Things

Our Plucky Not-So-Spring-Chicken Young Heroine Discovers The Catharthis What Is Life.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Paint It Periwinkle Baby!

I have finally gotten off my ass and started to scrub down the beautiful wrought-iron patio set that we have had outside. When we bought it off of a seller on Craigslist we recognized that it would soon need to be painted from it's chipped and faded pink. However, with it's weaving ivy leaves in iron and swooping swirls - it is a thing of beauty. I am guessing it's from the 40's.

Today I started scrubbing a couple of decades of dirt and gunk off. The chairs are sitting outside drying and waiting for a coat (or two) of primer. I had hoped to get a coat of primer on them today, however I don't think that is going to happen on account of pending rain.

I've chosen periwinkle blue as it will blend well, I think, with the bevy of galvanized plant pots we have around here as well as the dark green leaves of the hydrangea.

I think when I get the tables and chairs painted, I will invite Liarbyrd over for tea. Oh wait, Omouse is coming soon - if I hurry up I can have Liarbyrd, Laren and Omouse over for a proper tea in the garden.

Boring post or what?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home