Verve, Nerve & Other Rhyming Things

Our Plucky Not-So-Spring-Chicken Young Heroine Discovers The Catharthis What Is Life.

Friday, December 31, 2004

Fucking Healthcare

So, it's official - I have acute bronchitis which of course explains all the nasty lung snot I have been ejecting. I am told however, that I am not really contagious so this is good news. Since my regular doctor never seems to answer their phone (even though I am told they are required to) I had to go to an immediate care facility and see someone there. As we belong to an HMO, and that person was not my PCP, I had to pay cash. Fookers.

Bronchitis and all I went to drive to pick up a couple of friends who were in visiting from the UK and the sticks respectively. When we got back to my place I pulled out a couple of steaks from the fridge and decided "what the hell? - it's nearly 60 degrees outside and dry - I might as well fire up the bbq" so rather than cooking dinner on my Hamilton Beach grill (with dishwasher safe removable grill plates) we charred the moo on the charcoal. It was delish. I have made a decision - so long as I have meat to cook, and there is not an ice storm outside - I am firing up the bbq.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home